Recipe source:Nita Mehta
Print this recipe
- 125g sugar
- 250ml Water (1cup)
- 2tsp Instant Coffee
- 2 1/2 tsp Gelatine
- 350g Cream
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- Nutties Chocolate (optional)
- Transfer cream into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.Place the whipping blades in the freezer.
- Add instant coffee powder to 250ml hot water ,mix and keep the prepared black coffee aside.
- Heat sugar in a non stick vessel on low flame, keep stirring till the sugar melts. Cook till the sugar caramelizes and turns golden brown.Take off the flame.
- Add the black coffee into the caramelized sugar and keep stirring. Place the vessel back on the flame and simmer till the caramel dissolves. Take off the flame and let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat the chilled cream till thick pouring consistency. Keep in the fridge.
- Sprinkle gelatine on 4 tbsp water in a heavy bottom pan.Let it stand for a minute.Place on low flame and let the gelatine dissolve,do not boil.
- Pour the gelatine liquid into the prepared caramel coffee mixture, stir continuously add vanilla essence and whipped cream (keep 1/4 th cup whipped cream aside for decoration, mix well. Keep in the freezer for 20 minutes(till its thick,do not let it set).Remove and whip with electric or hand whip till it is smooth.
- Crush 10 nutties chocolate in a blender add it to the whipped caramel coffee mixture.Mix well.Transfer to serving dish or individual serving cups.
- Keep the mousse in the fridge and let it set for 3 to 4 hours.
- Beat the leftover cream with 1 tbsp powdered sugar till soft peaks are formed. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe it on the set mousse and top with Nutties chocolate.
- Serve chilled.