Gunda is idli steamed in jackfruit leaf pouches,watch video on how to make jackfruit pouches,my grandmas experienced hands.
- 3 1/2 cups rice (idli rice)
- 1 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup puffed rice
- salt to taste
- Soak rice in water overnight or for 5 hours.
- Soak urad dal in water overnight or for 5 hours.
- Before grinding,wash urad dal and rice till the water runs clear.
- grind urad dal using little water,to a smooth thick batter, transfer to a big vessel.
- grind rice along with puffed rice to a fine and thick batter.
- pour this into the same vessel as urad dal and mix the batter well till well combined.
- keep this batter in a warm area overnight or 7 hrs to ferment.
- after the batter ferments mix the batter well,add salt and add little water to adjust consistency.
- pour the batter into the jackfruit leaf pouches and steam for 45 minutes.
- serve with sambhar or padhengi da ghassi