I have tried out egg less cake for the first time,got the recipe from chefinyou who got the recipe from tarla dalal. I would not say that this cake 'is to die for',its tastes pretty simple. I would recommend this recipe for those who are pure vegetarian and do not eat egg.But I have to be honest ,I prefer cake with egg in it,tastes much better. This cake tastes good,but would not say amazing.its just that the recipes was very simple and I did not have keep any of the ingredients out to bring it to room temperature.Just went into the kitchen and baked it .
Print this recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Flour (maida)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp icing sugar for decoration
- 1 cup chocolate glaze
Method for cake
- Grease 8 inch pan and keep aside, pre heat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Sift flour, baking soda,salt and cocoa powder into a bowl(sift twice),add powdered sugar and mix well. keep this aside.
- In another bowl combine vinegar,oil,vanilla essence and cold water and mix well.
- Now slowly pour the wet ingredients into the flour and cocoa mixture(little at a time).Blend well till well combined and be gentle.
- pour this batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree C
- you will know the cake is ready when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for few minutes,remove from the baking tin and place it on the wire rack and let the cake cool completely.
- now pour the chocolate glaze over the cake and let it drip down,place the cake in the fridge for the icing to set.
- before serving dust icing sugar on the cake.
- serve with vanilla ice cream