Pathrode is an aunthentic mangalorean delicacy.its colocaesia leaves also know as taro leaves,smeared with ground rice coconut masala,rolled and steamed and then shallow fried in oil.
The drawback with taro leaf is that the mouth tends to itch when consumed, but this can be avoided by cutting the stems(as shown in the video below).
- 2 cups rice (idly rice)
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 2 tbsp (channa dal)
- 6 long red chillies (roasted)
- 4 small red chillies (raosted)
- lemon size tamarind
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander seeds (roasted)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds(roasted)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp jaggery
- oil to shallow fry
4. smear the ground masala on the leaf and place one more leaf on top of the masala(as shown in the video. Roll the pathrode and steam for 45 minutes.