'Kulfi' also know as the traditional Indian ice cream is one of my favorite desserts.
In Bangalore you can find the best Kulfi at 'Sreeraj Lassi',this kulfi comes close to that,the only difference is that Sreeraj Lassi kulfi's are creamier . This was good enough:) , but I still loooooooove my mango kulfi
My mom loves kaju kulfi, this one is for her.
Recipe source : manjulas kitchen
Print this recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 1 slice of white bread(sides removed and cut to bits)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup sugar or more
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 15 cashew nuts (chopped)
- Grind bread, 1/2 cup milk and cornflour to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Bring 3.5 cups of milk to a boil in a non stick frying pan on medium high heat.Stir in between to avoid the milk from sticking to the bottom.Scrape the sides.
- Once the milk comes to boil,let the milk boil for another 12 minutes.The milk should reduce from 3.5 cups to 2.5 cups.
- Add bread-milk-cornflour mixture to the milk and cook for 4 minutes.Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add sugar and cashew to the milk and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take off flame and add cardamom powder.Cool the milk to room temperature before pouring into kulfi molds.
- Once you pour the milk to kulfi molds place cling film on top, the cling film should touch the milk.Cover and freeze for 6 to 8 hours.
- To remove the kulfi from molds, place under running water for few seconds and tap on a hard surface till the kulfi pops out.
- Serve as dessert.