This prawn biryani is exactly like chicken biryani,the difference -its a one pot dish and spicier. I have used my electric rice cooker,you can use any vessel .I find rice cooker very convenient.
Print this recipe
- 600 grms prawn (shell removed and de veined)
- 3 small onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 4 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 tbsp coriander leaves(chop 3 tbsp finely and keep aside)
- 4 tbsp mint leaves(chop 2 tbsp finely and keep aside)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 green chillies
- 10 to 12 cashew nuts
- 2 small tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 10 green chillies (slit slightly in the top)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup ghee or more (be very generous)
- 2 small onion finely sliced
- 2 1/2 cup basmati rice (washed and soaked)
- salt to taste
- 4 cups water
1.Grind onion, turmeric ,ginger,garlic,1 inch cinnamon,3cloves,cashew nuts,4 green chillies,3 tbsp coriander leaves and 2tbsp mint leaves into very fine paste .
2. Place a vessel on medium high flame, add ghee,when ghee is hot add 1/2 inch cinnamon,2 cloves,cardamom and bay leaves.
9.Cover and cook on low flame till all the water dries up -10 to 12 minutes.
10.Serve with raita