Ingredients for lasagna
- 200 grms Lasagna sheets
- red sauce
- mashed potatoes
- 200 grms shredded cheese
Ingredients for red sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 6 garlic finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 200grms tomato puree or 100 grms tomato paste
- 2tsp sugar
- 1/2 capsicum chopped finely (optional)
- salt /pepper to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1tsp oregano
ingredients for mashed potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp fresh bread crumbs
- pepper to taste.
Method for red sauce
- Heat oil in a pan add garlic and saute add the onion. Saute for few seconds then add the chill powder, basil and oregano. Fry for 30 seconds and then add chopped capsicum and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, salt, pepper and sugar. cook well (you can also add chicken at this point) If the consistency is too thick you can add few tablespoons of water.
- Keep this aside till further use.
Method for mashed potatoes.
- Mix potatoes,butter,breadcrumbs and pepper and mash together.
- Mix and keep aside.
How to assemble the lasagna
- Butter a oven safe bowl,place half of the mashed potatoes and spread evenly.
4.Pour half of the mushroom and spinach sauce on the cheese and sprinkle more cheese on the sauce.
5.Place lasagna sheets and continue with red sauce and cheese,
mushroom and spinach sauce and sprinkle cheese.
7.Place this dish inside a pre heated oven and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degree C or till the cheese melts.
8.Serve with garlic bread.