This Kachori chat plays with your taste buds, its sweet, sour, spicy, crunchy, crispy, soft............heavenly and mouth watering.
I knew I could make chaat at home but I always felt it would not taste as good as the roadside chaat shop.
After I made this I proved myself wrong.
I can confidently put up a chaat corner at the next family party.manjula's kitchen
Print this recipe
Dough for kachori
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp oil
- pinch hing
- 1 cup boiled potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup moong sprouts (cooked till tender with salt to taste and 2 to 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup yogurt (whipped)
- 1/4 cup green chutney
- 1/4 cup tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup sev (store bought)
- oil to deep fry
- In a bowl mix maida(flour), salt and oil. Add water slowly to form a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix besan(gram flour),salt,hing,oil,chilli flakes and mango powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Knead the dough well and divide into 11 to 12 parts.
- Roll each ball into 2 inch circle and place a teaspoon of stuffing in center.Seal by pulling the edges together and form a ball.Prepare rest of the kachoris and keep aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Oil the surface and rolling pin and place the dough sealed side up and roll gently into a circle to approximately 3 inch diameter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.Check the oil by putting a small piece of dough,if it sizzles and comes up slowly without changing color then its ready.
- Drop in the kachoris slowly,they should not overlap,when the kachoris puff up turn over and fry till it turns golden brown(should fry on medium heat for crispy kachoris).It will take 7 to 8 minutes for the kachoris to fry properly.
- Make a hole in the center of the kachoris and fill in 1 tbsp spoon of moong sprouts,1 tbsp potatoes,2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tsp of green chutney,1 tsp tamarind chutney and sev.Garnish with coriander leaves.