Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Corn & Peas Fritters - Blog Hop Wednesdays


     
                                     Ok I will name this Blog Hop Disaster Wednesday.........

Last week when I decided to hop into the blog I was to paired with  this Wednesday..I decided to make Khandvi  from Santhosh Bangar's blog Santhosh's Kitchen.... I was a little apprehensive in the beginning coz I have had a bad experience before with this dish...but I like to challenge myself  ...tried it out again (over confident:)....I tried out the Microwave method of making the Khandvi...all was fine....till the time came to roll the Khandvi.....I was successful with few but the rest just refused  to be rolled (Picture Below).....the dish tasted exactly like it should have  and it disappeared in minutes....but it just wasn't presentable....So that was disaster number one.

Now  Disaster Number 2...I tried Khandvi again yesterday (coz I wanted it to be presentable)...this was not me being over confident.....it was plain foolishness. I struggled and struggled  ...but this time the Khandvi just refused to set....I thought at some point between the one and half hours of struggling...my mom would come for my rescue....but my mom ..being my mom...totally disowned me looking at  my condition and left the kitchen...No Khandvi :(

Disaster Number 3... I was jinxed ..I had to make something ...went back to Santhosh's blog today morning and finally decided to do something quick and simple...Corn and peas Fritters.....had all the ingredients at home...and they tasted good. Came to me room to quickly put up the post...only then to realize that Santhosh actually made these fritters for her Blog Hop Wednesday from another blog ( Anamika Aruns Taste Junction) last month...:))))

Moral of the story : Always read the entire post before trying out the recipe and
 Khandvi is only for experts.





Ingredients
Print this recipe

Recipe source : Santhosh's Kitchen

  • 1 cup Corn Kernels
  • 1/2 cup Peas
  • 1/2 cup Channa dal (Bengal gram)
  • 2 Green Chillies
  • 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
  • 1/2 inch ginger
  • 1 tbsp Dill Leaves
  • 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
  • 3 to 4 Curry leaves
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for Deep Frying
Method
  1. Soak Channa Dal in water for 2 hours. Cook corn and peas in water with little salt. Drain and keep aside.
  2. Drain the Channa Dal, transfer to a mixie or blender, add cooked corn and peas, ginger and green chillies. Grind to a coarse paste .
  3. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the onion, salt, chopped dill leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix well.
  4. Heat oil to deep fry, Make flat patties with the ground paste and fry in oil. Do not move the patties for 30 seconds (they might break apart). Fry till they turn dark golden brown.
  5. Serve with chutney or Tomato ketchup.


Sending this to Radhika :- Tickling Palates

22 comments:

  1. Cherie, like ur honestly about the khandvi disasters..but I think u shud keep trying till u get it right (u r no less of an expert). By the way, the fritters look DEE-Licious :-) Just bought corn kernels today..will make it for my son's evening snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had multiple failures and here I am still cooking with bravado :)).
    These look great. At least that should be a consolation :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the khandvi does not look all that bad...must have tasted great. By the way the corn and peas fritters look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love reading your post.. appreciate your honesty.. leave it for now and try it some time later is my policy.. so u try it later and hope it will be successful.. btw, the fritters looks super..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks sooooooo good and yummy corn and peas fritters. Feel like have some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. May be it's a disaster, it still looks great and I love the recipe which you have chosen atlast. Crunchy bites of corn looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corn Friters and Khandvi luks temptingly delicious.Yummmmmy Tiffin Anzz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually the khandvis look great and must have tasted yum - the fritters look wow too !

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely and perfectly made fritters. disasters do occur to all of us, but i liked the way you admitted it and even posted the pic

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me the khandvis look good and yummy...great effort...sure that u will get it perfect and presentable one day..:)
    Hey your fritters look so perfect...crunchy and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry, I am sure next time you try, it will be great as you have learnt now from your experiences. I love khandavi, but never dared to give it a try. You are brave !!!

    The fritters look superb, I like the addition of corn and peas to usual chana dal vada, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those I want to pick off the computer screen and sink my teeth into!!! sigh so tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. please do check out my blog anniversary giveaways if you have not had a chance to do so yet, dear - cheers.. priya
    http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/09/now-serving-turns-one-today-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. khandvis actually look yum !! and the fritters are out of the world :-) Loved the presentation with the slotted ladle (perfect snap)..

    Cheers
    Kalyani

    Join me in a 100-day Global Food Festival here

    ReplyDelete
  15. the khandvis look great and the fritters are out of this world :-) kudos to you your patience too !

    Cheers
    Kalyani

    Join me in a 100-day Global Food Festival here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fritters looks extremely super crispy, for me khandvis looks fabulous too..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously Charishma What is wrong with the Khandvi Gal. It looks just perfect with me and I truly appreciate the perfectionist in you for trying out something different to do justice to yourself. The fritters are perfect too and the halved ones are just so yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I know that corn and peas can also be partnered for a remarkably unique recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...