- 3 cups urad dal
- 5 to 6 curry leaves (chopped)
- 4 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak urad dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain water and and grind using very little water to smooth and fluffy batter.
- Add chopped ginger,green chillies, salt and curry leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel, when hot wet hand and take 3 tbsp of urad dal batter and drop into hot oil. Do the same for remaining and fry till light golden brown.