The challenge asked for 3 different kinds of candies, I had planned to make truffles, simple chocolates filled with butterscotch granules and rice crisps, chocolate bon bon and liqueur chocolates. I made the first two.....but lost interest (Iam just lazy). So not entering this months Daring bakers challenge.
But got to enjoy yummy truffles.
Recipe source:food wishes
- 230 grms Dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp peppermint essence
- cocoa for dusting
- Grate chocolate and keep it in a bowl.
- Heat cream on medium low flame in a thick bottom saucepan and bring the cream to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the grated chocolate and cover thebowl with cling wrap and keep aside for a minute.
- After a minute remove cling wrap and mix in the cream and chocolate until well combined.
- Add salt and peppermint essence and mix well.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a small bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or until it hardens and you can work with it easily.
- Scrape the truffles with a teaspoon and place it in you palm and make balls.
- Dust the truffles with cocoa powder.
- Minty chocolate truffles are ready .