Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Barbeque Sunday - waldorf salad

Where there is a barbeque , there has to be salad. 

Sunday  was Barbeque afternoon at our place, perfect weather. Had a great time with family.
Nice spread of grilled dishes and salads.

Its 'Barbeque Sunday' week

Last Wednesday was 'Blog hop Wednesday', were I was paired with Blogger Anamika. I had tried out her garlic pull apart bread, but I knew I would not stop there. Anamika has an amazing collection of recipes and I wanted to try few. Waldorf salad was one such recipe.

Very light and refreshing salad. Must try.


Recipe source: taste junction

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped roughly and toasted)
  • 1 apple (cored and diced)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 3 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • lettuce (for base)

Method
  1. In a bowl whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice.
  2. Add salt and pepper and mix well.Now add apple, celery , raisins and 1/2 of the walnuts.
  3. Place lettuce leaves on a serving bowl and spoon the salad onto the leaves.
  4. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts on the salad before serving.




1 comment:

  1. This is one of my fav..glad that you liked it..And I'm so impressed that you made garlic pull-apart again...I'm sure my family has really loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...