Very simple broken wheat payasam , classic Indian dessert.
Print this recipe
- 1 cup broken wheat (godi nucchu)
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds (optional)
- 4 cups thin coconut milk
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 3/4 cup jaggery (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp cashew nut (broken)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Place pressure cooker on medium flame, add broken wheat and fenugreek seeds and roast for few minutes, till it turns light brown.
- Now pour in thin coconut milk and pressure cook till broken wheat is cook(2 to 3 whistles)
- Open the cooker and add jaggery and salt and mix well till jaggery dissolves.
- At the end add thick coconut milk, bring to boil and take off the flame.
- In a small pan heat ghee and fry cashew nut and raisins till cashews turn brown and raisins puff up.
- Pour this over the broken wheat payasam.