The best Cinnamon rolls I have ever had was in Bahrain at Cinnabon, they make amazing cinnamon rolls.
I enjoyed making these rolls.....baking makes me happy ...its very therapeutic and the house smells heavenly .Wanted to try these rolls out ever since I saw it on Ria's Blog...with a few changes..I have used brown sugar instead of regular sugar and added raisins and cashew nuts for crunch.
You should definitely try these out...its very simple......and it tastes goooooood.......But Cinnabon still rules .
Print this recipe
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter (softened)
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or white sugar or mix both
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup Cashew nuts
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Heat 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water and 2 tbsp butter in a pan until warm. add yeast and sugar to this mixtures and stir.
- In a big bowl combine flour, salt and break in one egg. Add the milk yeast mixture and mix with hand till all ingredients are well combined and you are left with a sticky dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for few minutes.Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Keep in a warm area for 45 minutes to 1 hour and let the dough rise .
- Meanwhile prepare the filling by mixing brown sugar, cinnamon powder , raisins, cashews ...keep this aside until further use.
- After the dough rises ...punch it down to remove air. Place dough on a floured surface and roll it into a large rectangle , spread 3 tbsp softened butter all over the rectangle dough and spread the brown sugar mixture evenly on the butter.
- Roll the dough into a long from the long side. Pinch the sides to seal and cut 12 to 15 slices. Place the slices , cut side down in a 13 x 9 inch greased baking pan.Cover and keep in a warm place and let it double its size (around 30 minutes)
- Preheat oven at 190 degree C. Place the rolls in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the top has browned and the house smells heavenly.
- Meanwhile prepared the icing by mixing sieved icing sugar , vanilla essence , milk and melted butter into a thick frosting. Keep this aside.
- Remove the baked rolls from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes and apply the prepared the frosting evenly on the rolls.
Note: Heat the rolls in a microwave for few seconds before serving.