Chilli chicken is a perfect appetizer,this recipe is from another blog 'Tasty appetite'.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken (cut to cubes)
- 2 medium onion (cut to cubes)
- 1 capsicum (cut to cubes)
- 1 egg(beaten)
- 2 tbsp green chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 8 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 green chillies (slit)
- salt to tatse
- oil to deep fry + 3 tsp oil
- spring onion for garnish
- Marinate chicken for 1 hr in egg,cornflour,1 tbsp green chilli sauce, 1 tbsp soya sauce.ginger garlic paste,2 tsp pepper and salt (do not put too much salt coz soya and green chilli sauce already has salt in it)
- Heat oil in a pan to deep fry, when oil is hot, deep fry the marinated chicken,till done.Remove from oil and place on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.Keep aside.
- In another pan ,heat oil when hot add garlic,green chillies and onion and fry for 2 minutes,now add the fried chicken and capsicum and stir, add in remaining soya sauce ,green chilli sauce and pepper.Fry for few minutes till the chicken are well coated.
- Adjust salt and add the vinegar. Remove from flame and granish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve with fried rice or as an appetiser.