No sane kid can refuse these cookies...its super simple and looks so cute.
I am not a big fan of jam.....decided to fill the cookies with chocolate...it was a big hit with my daughter and her gang...it disappeared in minutes....by the way my dad was part of my daughters gang.
There is a reason these are called thumbprint cookies..the indentation is supposed to be made with thumb.....but please don't try that or you will end up with 'BURNT THUMB' print cookies.
Recipe source :-Brown Eyed Baker
- 8 tbsp Butter (113 grams) softened
- 1//2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 2 ounce Semi Sweet Chocolate chips (56 grams)
- 3/4 tsp Corn syrup (I used pan cake syrup)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pre heat oven to 170 Degree C. Line baking sheet with baking paper and keep aside.
- Beat together 8 tbsp butter ,icing sugar, vanilla and salt for 2 minutes on high speed with a hand electric mixer or a whisk.
- Add the flour and beat on low speed and then increase to medium high.
- Using a small cookie scoop or in my case 1 tsp measure , heap the cookie dough in the spoon and roll the dough into balls, and place 1 inch apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, remove from the oven and make indentation in middle of the cookie. I used back of a small rounded measuring tsp to make the indentation.
- Pop the cookies back into the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
- Combine chocolate, 2 tbsp butter and corn syrup or pancake syrup in a small heat proof dish. Place over a pot of simmering water, stir until melted and smooth (or melt in the microwave). Allow to cool slightly. Fill the indentation with the chocolate mixture or jam.