Just simple peas pilaf,no masala powder to over power the natural taste of basmati rice.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic (fresh crushed to a coarse paste)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 tbsp ghee(be generous)
- 4 cardamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- small piece cinnamon
- 1 cup peas(fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 4 green chillies (slit)
- 3 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Wash rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- In a thick bottom pan or rice cooker add ghee,when little hot add cardamom,cloves,cinnamon and bay leaves,stir for a minute.Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute then add the sliced onion and fry till the onion turn light golden brown.
- Now add green chillies and peas stir for few seconds (if using fresh peas cover and cook for few minutes),add the basmati rice and fry till moisture in the rice evaporates.
- Now add water ,salt and chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- cover and cook till done.
- serve with raita