Ok my Mother in law makes the ultimate masala dosa,trust me she does.
I have no words to explain her dosa,its just perfect and you will want more,I can have 4 dosas in one shot.I myself don't know how I managed to take these pictures,I just took two clicks and pounced on it.
My MIL puts her heart and soul into each dosa she makes,its so crispy and light and she roasts the dosa a little longer for me,coz I love my dosas crispy.
There are few things to follow ,my mother in law uses only cast iron tawa
the flame matters a lot
she adds maize flour ,semolina and wheat flour and
lots of love .
Print this recipe
- 3 cups rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup beaten rice (the harder one)
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds or 1/2 tsp roasted fenugreek powder (put this to the batter)
- 5 tbsp semolina
- 2 tbsp maize flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- salt to taste
- potato bhajji
- Wash and soak rice and fenugreek seeds in water,in another vessel soak urad dal for 3 hours or more.
- Grind the urad dal using little water into a smooth and thick paste,pour the batter into a big vessel.
- Grind rice along with fenugreek seeds to a coarse paste.Combine the urad dal batter and the rice batter and mix well,Beat with your hand,till fluffy.
- Cover and place the vessel in a warm place and let it ferment overnight.
- Before making the dosa add water to the batter if its too thick,adjust consistency.
- Add semolina,maize flour,wheat flour and salt and mix.
- Now pour a big ladle of batter onto a hot tawa (see video)
- Spread some oil or ghee,place potato bhajji on the dosa and fold.
- Serve with chutney or sambhar.
*Pour a ladle of dosa batter on the tawa and spread it around.
potato bhajji on the dosa and fold.